Brandy snaps with ginger cream - Glad celebrates 50 years
GLAD celebrating 50 years
We Kiwis love our traditions, bringing family and friends together with plenty of good food.
And while some things have changed since 1967, some have stayed the same for the past 50 years - including getting together in our homes and backyards along with the familiar presence of the GLAD® brand.
The cook's best friend is celebrating 50 years in Kiwi kitchens in 2017. Here’s to many more memories with our family and friends in the decades ahead!
Enjoy this recipe for Brandy Snaps with Ginger Cream. Making this classic sweet treat of crispy biscuits is easier than you think – and they’re even more delicious with a twist on the original – with ginger cream filling.
BRANDY SNAPS WITH GINGER CREAM
Making this classic sweet treat of crispy biscuits is easier than you think – and they’re even more delicious with a twist on the original – with ginger cream filling!
- 50g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 50g flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Fresh cream
- 1tbsp crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Melt together the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Sift the flour and ground ginger into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the melted butter mixture and mix well.
- Drop well-spaced tablespoons of the mixture onto trays lined with MONO Baking Paper. They need a lot of room to spread, so about 4 per tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden.
- Cool a little then carefully roll each brandy snap around the handle of a wooden spoon, let set then slide off and cool completely on a rack.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold through the crystallised ginger. Use a GLAD Snap Lock Sandwich Bag as a piping bag to fill the brandy snaps (half fill the bag with cream and cut off a corner).
To celebrate 50 years, GLAD WRAP® limited edition retro pack is available in store for a limited time. For more, click here
GLAD celebrating 50 years of food protection you can trust.
You might also like
Tried & Tested: Give a little to your feet
As the temperature rises and your jandals call, it's the time when you look to give your feet a quick fix. That's where we come in.
Catherine Cameron: I am not losing my mind. I am sleep deprived.
Our blogger, Cathy, shares her experiences of motherhood and sleep deprivation.
How to choose the perfect Breast Pump
We asked ten mums to trial two of the top Breast Pumps on the market! Here's what they thought.