Nursery craft: Star mobile
Make a gorgeous star mobile for your little stargazer!
Jovi air dry clay 250g (comes in a 500g block from stationary shops)
Star cookie cutter 4cm size & 5cm size
Resene testpots in: Resene Half Baltic Sea, Resene Cotton Wool, Resene Bright Spark, Resene Buzz
Resene FX Nightlight paint (80ml)
String - we used a hemp string from Spotlight
Driftwood stick (approx 40cm long) - check out your local beach to find the best stick!
- Knead air clay to soften. Roll out on a piece of baking paper to 5mm thick (this makes it easier to remove the stars and gives both sides a smooth surface).
- Use cutters to cut 9 large and 4 small stars. (The number of stars you need will depend on the length of your driftwood).
- Use the flat end of the wooden skewer to make a hole in one point of each star.
- Leave to dry on the baking paper for a day, clay will become hard and whiten in colour.
- Paint both sides and edges of stars with two coats of Resene paint - we painted 3 large and 1 small star in Resene Half Baltic Sea, 2 large and 1 small star in Resene Cotton Wool, 2 large and 2 small in Resene Buzz.
- Paint the Cotton Wool and Buzz stars with 3 thick coats of Resene FX Nightlight.
- Cut the string to varying lengths and tie one end to the stars and the other to the driftwood 2xm apart. We cut our strings in lengths of 55cm, 40cm, 30cm and 20cm.
- To hang your mobile, cut 1 metre of string and tie to each end of the drift wood, creating a loop.
You might also like
DIY indoor cubby house
Explore the imagination with an indoor cubby house.
Nursery craft: Moon wall mural
Baby on board? Decorate your nursery or little ones bedroom with a mural that's out of this world.
Nursery craft: Whale tale
Craft a stylish storage solution for your little one's room with Resene. These sea-themed drawers are perfect for the those who love all things sea life.