Nursery craft: Toy frames
Brighten up your little ones bedroom walls with these fun picture frames upcycling old toys.
What we used:
Picture frames – check out your local second hand shop for wooden frames
Resene Quick Dry Waterborne Primer
Resene testpots (We used Resene Rapture, Resene Niagara, Resene Madison and Resene Java.)
Selection of little plastic toys
Uhu glue or superglue
- Remove the back and glass and paint each frame with two coats of Resene Quick Dry Waterborne Primer Undercoat.
- Paint two coats of a Resene testpot in your choice of colour and leave to dry.
For the orange (rapture) frame:
- Glue on the toys and leave to dry, then paint the toys in two coats of a Resene testpot in Resene Rapture.
For the green (Niagara) and Navy (madison) frames:
- Paint the toys in a coat of Resene Quick Dry, leave to dry and then paint with two coats of a Resene testpot.
- When both the frame and toys are dry, glue the toys onto the frames, leave to dry.
- Place the glass back in the frames, fill with your choice of art and add the backing, then hang and enjoy.
Add some extra dazzle and use Resene Metallic testpots to paint some of the toys in your toy frame or add extra glam to the frames.
Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen can also be used as a chalkboard finish. Use flat frames for your toy frames, or for the main framed image, finish in Resene SpaceCote Low Sheen and then let your child draw on it with chalk to create their own unique frame.
Let your child help choose the colours – simply show them the Resene KidzColour chart (in-store or online at resene.co.nz) and let them point out the colours they’d like you to use.
You might also like
Nursery craft: Whale tale
Craft a stylish storage solution for your little one's room with Resene. These sea-themed drawers are perfect for the those who love all things sea life.
DIY rose and coconut sugar scrub
Make your own gorgeous sugar scrub to pamper and exfoliate skin that needs a bit of love.
Nursery craft: Baby mobile
Craft a beautiful mobile for your little ones nursery with Resene.