Colour bright: Painted rocks
Brighten your world and keep the kids entertained with these fun painted rocks. Let your imagination run wild coming up with designs and creatures.
River stones in various sizes (we used a bag of Dalton’s river stones)
Selection of Resene testpots (we used Resene Glitterbug, Resene Hi Jinx,
Resene Buzz, Resene Go Go Go, Resene Yabbadabbadoo, Resene Zoop De Loop, Resene Unicorn, Resene Funtasia, Resene Lickety Split, Resene Kermit, Resene Sherbert, Resene Drop Dead Gorgeous, Resene Riptide, Resene Gumboot, Resene White)
Resene Terracotta Sealer
Paint brushes in various sizes
For the stones:
- Use your creativity, and our images, to paint stones into various items, such as a cactus, fruits, insects and animals.
- These can be hidden in the garden to be found over and over again.
Tip: Paint different characters such as people and animals, as well objects and scenes to create a set of story stones for creative play. Little imaginations will love coming up with scenarios and storys, the possibilities are endless!
For the cacti and pot:
- Start by painting two coats of a colour on all sides of the stones (we painted the large stone in Resene Kermit, the medium stone in Resene Lickety Split and the little stone in Resene Sherbert). Leave to dry between each coat on both sides of the stones.
- Use our picture (page 119) as a guide to paint patterns on each of the stones using Resene Go Go Go, Resene White, Resene Sherbert and Resene Kermit.
- Take a terracotta pot and seal it inside and out with Resene Terracotta Sealer, followed by two coats of Resene White. Finish with two coats of Resene Drop Dead Gorgeous around the rim on the outside and inside of the pot. Leave to dry between coats.
- Use the colour Resene Gumboot to paint a face with a small paint brush.
- Fill pot with small white decorative stones (ours came from Palmers) and nestle in your cacti stones.
Nursery craft: Baby mobile
Craft a beautiful mobile for your little ones nursery with Resene.
Recycled fairy bird house
Your little ones will love watching the birds flock to these colourful bird feeders.
Colour DIY hopscotch
Keep the bigger kids active outside with this bright fun hopscotch, they can even help paint the pavers.